Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Cranberry Cobbler

  I bought a cookbook when my son was first diagnosed, it is called, "Wheat free, Gluten free Cookbook for Kids and Busy Adults."  I really have enjoyed this cookbook.  I was making an apple pie and I didn't have enough gluten free flour to make one for him as well, so I found a recipe for Apple Cranberry Cobbler.  It is easy and very delicious.


Apple Cranberry Cobbler

You will need:

1 21oz can apple pie filling

(I made my own 2 2/3 cups apples diced, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon,1/2 TBS lemon juice, 1/8 tsp salt, and 1 TBS gluten free flour.  Mix all ingredients together.)

1 16oz can cranberry sauce

1/4 cup gluten free flour (I love Domata, but I was out so I just used rice flour)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1/3 cup margarine (gluten free can be dairy free as well)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Cut apples into small chunks (and mix ingredients for pie filling if canned pie filling is not available).

In a 9 inch square baking pan stir together pie filling and cranberry sauce.

In a small bowl mix gf flour and cinnamon., brown sugar and stir until blended.

Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.

Put margarine in a glass bowl and heat on High in microwave for 50 seconds or until melted.

Drizzle margarine over the dessert.

Bake for 25 minutes or until the whole dessert is bubbling.






This recipe was very easy and it tastes great!  It's an awesome dessert for a fall day!



2 comments:

  1. Hi: It seems delicious, but you should add a picture so we can get an idea of how it should looks. Congratulations for your blog!

    Hola: Esta receta debe quedar deliciosa, pero deberías agregar una foto. La próxima vez que la prepares haz una foto para que nos hagamos una idea de como luce. ¡Felicidades por tu blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celiaca, thank you for your advice. I appreciate it so much. I did not have batteries in the camera that day, but I am planning on making it again, so I will post pics then. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. ¡Gracias!

    ReplyDelete