Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baked Taco Dip

I found this taco dip while I was looking for something yummy to make for my family for game night. It turned out so well that I wanted to share it with you and the best part is that I didn't have to substitute any of the ingredients to make it gluten free!

Gluten Free Baked Taco Dip

2  16oz cans of refried beans
1 package of cream cheese (non dairy may be substituted)
1 cup of sour cream ( I used about 12 oz) (soy sour cream may be substituted)
2 1/2 TBS ( I used Ortega brand, always check taco seasoning or just use plain chili powder)
2 cloves of fresh garlic diced
1 bunch of cilantro chopped finely (optional, but it adds such a good flavor)
2 tomatoes diced
1 small can black olives sliced
2 cups Cheddar cheese (soy cheese works as well)
 green onions for garnish (optional, I couldn't find these so I skipped it)


1. Layer beans on the bottom of the rectangular baking pan.
2. Mix cream cheese (softened),sour cream, taco seasoning, and garlic.
3. Spread mixture on top of the layer of beans.
4. Top with cilantro, tomatoes, and black olives.
5. Place shredded cheddar cheese on top.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the center is nice and warm.
7. Garnish with chopped green onions.
8. Serve with gluten free tortilla chips


No comments:

Post a Comment