Friday, October 28, 2011

Homemade Lasagna





Sometimes I get stuck in a rut as far as cooking goes.  I make the same thing over and over, so I decided to try my hand at homemade lasagna.  This was so easy I just had to share it with you. We actually served a store bought lasagna as well and this one was so much better!


Add caption

Easy Lasagna

Gluten Free Lasagna noodles (these were Ener G brand)
1 jar gf spaghetti sauce (I used about half the jar)
1/2 lb ground beef browned
1 8oz pkg cheese ( I used cheddar because that's what I had, soy cheese should work as well.)
Cottage cheese
1 egg
1 8x8 baking pan (greased)


Prepare lasagna noodles according to directions.  (I made about 12 pieces for mine)
Mix the ground beef with spaghetti sauce.
Mix the cheese with cottage cheese and one egg beaten.
Layer the noodles
Add about 1/3 spaghetti sauce and meat mixture
Add about 1/3 cheese mixture
Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Top off with another layer of cheese ( just the shredded kind)

Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the top looks slightly brown. 
Also check the cheese mix and see if it is done.

Serve with a side salad, cottage cheese, and gluten free bread with butter and garlic salt.


Enjoy! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment