Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Spaghetti In Creamy Tomato Sauce

     When my son was diagnosed, I thought that spaghetti was going to be completely out of the question for him.  Not so! I was very happy to find the brand Tinkyada.  This is a wonderful brand of gluten free pasta.  I like the white and brown rice pasta and it really lives up to it's claim of not being mushy! We also have spaghetti quite often at our house, so I am always looking for new ways to make it.  I experimented with a few different ingredients and this is what I made.

Spaghetti


Entire Packet of Spaghetti (Gluten Free)
Water
Salt


Put the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes or until the desired texture.







Creamy Tomato Sauce


2 Jars Gluten Free Spaghetti Sauce ( I used La Costeña)
16oz sour cream (can be soy or other dairy free)
Parmesan Cheese (also can be dairy free)


Heat both jars of spaghetti sauce in a sauce pan, when it is hot add the sour cream.  Heat until smooth and creamy.  Top spaghetti with sauce and parmesan cheese.  Serve with gluten free garlic bread.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment